In a nutshell, the Crosswalk project provides a generic WebWiew with the latest HTML5 feature support. It is based on the Chromium project.
Enable the most advanced web innovations with the Crosswalk Project web runtime to develop powerful Android and Cordova apps.
Problems addressed by Crosswalk
With the platform variations in the market you are forced to assume that every Android WebView works differently. There are differences in:
- Support and syntax for CSS properties
- How your application's interface is rendered
- …and plenty more. You want to support as many versions of Android as possible, but it’s frustrating and time consuming.
Advantages using Crosswalk
- Get consistent, predictable behavior by reducing Android device fragmentation.
- Use the latest web innovations and APIs. Provide a feature rich experience on all Android 4.0+ devices.
- Easily debug with Chrome DevTools.