- Demo versions of your shipping application cannot have any type of log-in, account, password, ability to save a player's name, etc.
Please note: This is a VERY important requirement.
- If your shipping application requires users to log-in to an account, please create a demo app that upon launch is already logged-in to an account that contains demo data.
- If you use demo data, make sure that it is fully licensed for your use. (For example, don't use the names of characters from the latest hit movie.)
- Make sure to disable logins to all third-party accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, etc. For games, remember to disable the login to the online "leader board."
- For features that you are disabling for the demo, please include a popup alert that states, "Feature not enabled for this demo."
Please localize this message for all of the languages the app supports.
- For example, if your shipping app enables users to purchase additional game levels, the demo should let the user to get to the point of purchasing and then see a popup alert that states "Feature not enabled for this demo"
- If the full version of your application is available on the App Store as a Free App, please go to step 5.
- If your app is listed on the App Store as a Paid App, please complete these additional steps:
- Create a version of your application for demonstration purposes.
- Include a splash screen that indicates this is a demo version of your full product and use the following text: "This version of
has been created specifically for demonstration purposes." Please localize this message for all of the languages in your demo.
- Ensure the icon for this demo version is identical to that used in the shipping paid App.
- Name this application exactly as it currently appears on the App Store
- When your demo app is installed on an iPhone or iPod touch, it must look exactly as if a customer were to download your paid app from the App Store, with the same exact name and icon.
- Make sure that your demo app provides the same localization as your currently shipping app.
- Build your demo app and verify that it successfully installs on your development device.
- Make sure that your demo app, when installed, looks exactly like your shipping application: the same icon with the same app title under the icon.
- REMEMBER: This version of your app must have been thoroughly tested on a device running iOS 4.3.3.
- For example: "Acme Inc - Touch Fighter.zip".